Thursday, October 6, 2011

Divergent, by Veronica Roth

Let me make something clear. I do NOT read sci-fi. Or dystopian. Got it? So I have no idea why I picked up Divergent (though I might have been convinced by the raving reviews...) and... I LOVED it! So much I've decided to add Four to my crush list! So much I've decided sci-fi (or dystopian) is actually okay! And for me, that's saying a lot...
So this can only mean one thing: 5 stars!!!!!! Out of five stars!!!!!!!


Divergent by Veronica Roth
It's out, so you absolutely MUST read it!
5 out of 5 stars!
Summary from Goodreads: Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.

Where do I begin? Or rather, who do I begin with? These characters were absolutely awesome!! They were all so different, so unique, so well-constructed... and I loved it! Tris is different: you find something out about her in the beginning. That makes her choice very, very hard. When she finally is Dauntless, let's just say that she's strong. Very. And I like my protagonists that way! Best. Female. Protagonist. Ever! She's witty, stubborn and not letting anyone get away with bothering her.

And Four! I love you! I love you! Get the picture? He is so awesome! I absolutely love him! He's your mysterious broken boy, with a twist. The thing is, not only is he broken, but... he's serious. Ish. That's why the romance is slow, just the way I like it. The thing is, he protects Tris. Even if it ends up backfiring. So in other words, I basically read the story for Four! Well, maybe not...

Wow, Christina, you are such a bubbly character! You're the bestest (who cares if it's not a word) friend ever! Can you be my friend? I'll give you cookies!
Al, Peter, Will, and everyone else, you guys all are great characters, even if some of you are evil and everything, but hey, someone has to be the evil one. As long as it's not me...

This plot was awesome! So many twists! So many surprises! So worth ranting about! But... I'm not going to! Let's just say if I do, everything will be revealed! And I don't want that to happen! So all you need to know is that you will be gasping (for real!), smiling like a maniac (just like me!) and just going crazy! And that might not be a good thing...

Love this book!! It was written so well!!! And you need to read it!! That's all you need to do: read this book!!!! Best dystopian ever! And I mean it!

Oh, and you can view the trailer here. Cause it's a pretty awesome trailer!

And the sequel is coming out in 2012! Just read this book! Now!
I mean it!

No comments:

Search This Blog