Friday, April 13, 2012

Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter

Warning: MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD. DON'T READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK. IT WILL RUIN YOU. (And yes, I'm posting!) 5 out of 5 stars!

Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
Published in 2012
5 out of 5 stars
Summary from Goodreads: The last thing Cammie Morgan remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to protect her friends and family from the Circle of Cavan--an ancient terrorist organization that has been hunting her for over a year. But when Cammie wakes up in an alpine convent and discovers months have passed, she must face the fact that her memory is now a black hole. The only traces left of Cammie’s summer vacation are the bruises on her body and the dirt under her nails, and all she wants is to go home.

Once she returns to school, however, Cammie realizes that even the Gallagher Academy now holds more questions than answers. Cammie, her friends, and mysterious spy-guy Zach must face their most difficult challenge yet as they travel to the other side of the world, hoping to piece together the clues that Cammie left behind. It’s a race against time. The Circle is hot on their trail and willing stop at nothing to prevent Cammie from remembering what she did last summer.



This is going to be a rant on Zach. He's mysterious and cool, yes, but he also has that stalker angle too. I don't like how he can be such good friends with Bex and than have the nerve to kiss Cammie. I don't like how he was so secretive before. Yes, now he has developed more, but I still don't like him. (I think that that's just me though.) I'm just more Team Hale than Team Zach. Zach just isn't goode (bad pun!) enough for Cammie.

As for Cammie, let's just say I'm glad she goes crazy. That was a huge risk taken by Ally Carter! It totally paid off! I like how Cammie is vulnerable at the beginning and how she ends up buddying with her friends. I am so glad she goes crazy. It just makes it all seem a little more realistic, a little closer to the truth. Plus, she is so much stronger and independent than what she was like in Only the Good Spy Young. This Cammie is new and improved. She's a hardcore version of her passed self! I love how she ends up being not crazy in the end; it's kind of the comforting event we readers need.

This plot is totally unique, in a great way! You have Solomon, who wakes up and graces us with his amazing presence. Then Dr. Steve, who totally is a traitor and a liar and needs to be locked up. I hate him and how he used Cammie and Zach. I hate how he got away with it. But kudos to Ally for the epic twist! I did not see it! That was amazing! Of course, I love how there's Sublevel 3 and even more gadgets and events! I missed reading this series! I missed the suspense and all the twists made. I missed not knowing what would happen next!

I'm going to miss reading a GG book, as GG6 is not going to come out for a long time. And it's kind of ironic that I'm reviewing it exactly a month after the release date.....

Yes, I'm going crazy. And no, I don't need Cammie to help me remember. (Although, I'd love to meet Preston. I actually love Preston! Preston>Zach.)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Search This Blog