Monday, August 29, 2011

Clockwork Angel Review

I just finished Clockwork Angel, by Cassandra Clare! It is AMAZING! Beyond awesome! Definitely 5 out of 5 stars! It's already out now, so buy it!

Summary from Goodreads:
Magic is dangerous--but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by--and torn between--two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length...everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.



I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!! You might be asking, what did you like?
1. The Characters.
Tessa is an awesome protagonist. She is thoughtful, caring and strong. She's independent and doesn't need other people, which is a nice change from most characters. I liked how smart she was.

Will! Oh, Will was done to perfection! Swoon! He is described as having black hair and blue eyes, a striking combination. And I'm still swooning......             If you're a fan of Jace from the Mortal Instruments series, then you'll really love Will. He's sarcastic, moody and a total crush-worthy guy/Shadowhunter!

Jem. I LOVE JEM! I was really tired of nice, delicate guys, but Jem is so much more than that! He is so sweet, so calm and so, so .........  He believes in you, doesn't question what you do, well most of the time anyways.   I like how he has silver eyes, so different from the normal looks. But of course, Jem's not normal. Jem, why do you have to like Tessa? How about..... me?

all the other characters: There are so many more characters, all so diverse and unique. I love them all, yup, even the villians. They're all so welly(is that a word)? described, and awesome!

2. The setting
I love London, especially the Victorian era. I'm so glad Cassandra Clare chose it! I can just imagine Tessa walking down the streets of Victorian London, the gray skies and everything else. The setting really fit the rest of the book. If it was set anywhere else, the book would be so much worse. There aren't many books set in that era, so it was a really nice change.

3. the love triangle
Sure, almost all ya books have a love triangle, but this one is good! Will and Jem are complete opposites, both totally crush-worthy! Just when I'm leaning towards Will, Jem does or says something totally sweet and then I don't know who to choose. Not only that, but Tessa is caught between both of them so you really don't know who she will choose. It's not like the Bella/Edward/Jacob one, where Jacob was obviously the underdog. Well, that's what makes it more fun! Seriously, give me either of them and I will be happy!

4. the Twists!
I really can't say much.... or else that would be spoiling the book. But let's just say just when I was gathering my thoughts, everything totally changed. The twists start as early as chapter 2. Now I really don't know what's going to happen next... do I?
******Spoiler alert!*********** Nathan? Wow! That was... unexpected! Poor, poor Tessa! I did not see that one coming!*****end spoiler*****
This book has even more twists than the Mortal Instruments series... which is saying a lot! Anyways go and get this book!

5. ... everything else!
Whatever I didn't mention before, I'm going to mention now! This book is beyond amazing! I'm going to die by the time Clockwork Prince comes out! The only thing you need to do is get this book... NOW! It's totally worth the price!

Now, how do I get a Clockwork Prince arc?

No comments:

Search This Blog