Saturday, October 12, 2013

Binge Eating vs. Overeating

So I used to be a binge eater. Over the summer, I would literally finish over a pound of nuts in a sitting. I could pack away a thousand calories worth of fruit and STILL eat after that. I would look through the pantry for food and secretly finish it all.

I was ashamed and disgusted on so many levels.
I was a TEENAGER. (I still am one, but still.)

It's disgusting to have that relationship with food. You're scared someone will find out that you're the reason there's barely any food left. You feel terrible knowing that you just cannot stop yourself from eating more and more. There's no satisfying your brain. You can only binge, binge, binge.

STOP IT. You have got to stop. There's no gradually easing out of binge eating, at least not in my case. You have to stop it entirely and get on with your life. Once you stop wasting your thoughts on binge eating, you will eventually stop worrying about it.

Sure you might overeat sometimes, but trust me, that's much better than binge eating.

Overeating is natural. Binge eating is not.

No comments:

Search This Blog