Thursday, December 1, 2011

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

I am currently in shock. This book has made me completely and utterly speechless. I can not believe what just happened and just the amazing book Everneath turned out to be. I can't believe that I can't believe it, if that makes any sense at all. So 5 out of 5 stars!


Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Recieved from Netgalley
Publishing 1.24.12
5 out of 5 stars!
Summary from Goodreads: Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...


There's something epically awesome about this cover that makes you want to read it. I felt that epically awesome feeling when I first discovered this book, and let me just say one thing: the writing is as amazing as the cover!!! That's saying a lot.

The first thing that captured me was Nikki herself. What I admired about her was that she wasn't afraid to remember or admit that she made a huge mistake. Another thing I liked about her was that she actually thought about others, putting Jack's needs before hers. Well, most of the time. I thought she was really amazing for doing that. She's the true YA heroine for being such an amazing person after she returned to the Surface!

The second thing was actually two certain guys, Jack and Cole. You're first introduced to Cole, so I'll start with him. I'm still a little suspicious of him, but other than that, I'd say he's actually pretty charming. He's just your average bad boy, with a huge twist. And I loved him! Well, other than the whole I-don't-really-know-you-that-well part...
It's true. Even after the first book, you still don't really know his motives.

Then there was Jack. At first I wasn't really a fan of Jack. I didn't see what was the big deal about him. But then, towards the middle of the book, I understood. Jack is amazing! That's an understatement. Jack is totally crush-worthy and my favorite YA guy ever and the awesomest character in Everneath other than Nikki!!!!!!
Now that's more like it. But most of all, I love him for what he did for Nikki at the end of the book. It was so bittersweet and surprising. I was literally crying tears because I was so moved. I love you, Jack. Don't be surprised if I put you on my crush list.

This plot was amazing. It was a new take on the myth of Orpheus and Eurydice, and it was absolutely praise-worthy! I loved how it was kind of like the original tale with a ton of twists. And let me just use one word to describe what I felt for it: love! So love, love, loved this lifestopping plot!

And one more reason I loved this book: It wasn't cliche! May this be the one thing you think about for today! :)

No comments:

Search This Blog