Friday, December 2, 2011

Fallen by Lauren Kate

This book was recommended to me at least a million times. Not to mention I've heard about it at least a billion times. Also, do you know how many times Goodreads has recommended it to me? Even more! So I guess I was what you would call a reluctant reader. But hey, at least I ended up reading it... and liked it! 4 out of 5 stars.


Fallen by Lauren Kate
4 out of 5 stars
It's out! Yay!
Summary from Goodreads: There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


These were my reactions after I finished reading Fallen: Daniel! Cam! Cam! Daniel! Daniel! Cam! ...and so on. So basically I was actually immersed into this whole triangle. Fallen was good enough to make me torn between the two! Yay! Anyways, I liked Daniel because he was the one for Luce. But I also liked Cam because he was actually pretty charming and awesome and a total bad boy. I like my bad boys. Yay for Cam!

I thought the whole idea of what Lauren Kate weaved in about Daniel was pretty cool. (The God of No Spoilers says no spoilers!) Just when the plot was slowing down, Lauren's awesome idea came to the rescue! So this plot was pretty good. It had twists, surprises, turns and all other sorts of amazingness like that. So I was happy with this plot. It was a lot better than some other plots... (not naming names...)

Luce was a pretty nice character. She can be feisty, shy, nice, whatever she wants to be. I liked that she meant well for the most part and was not too selfish. She seemed fairly relatable and amazing! I think she'll be even more interesting and intriguing in the later books. I can't wait! So she will definitely be remembered as one of Valerie's favorite characters.

And I loved the cover! This cover is as epic as Anna Dressed in Blood's cover! And that's saying a lot...
I loved her dress, her hair, her skin, everything! So let me conclude by saying: this cover and this book is epic! Epic, I say, epic! Go epicness!

No comments:

Search This Blog