Monday, January 30, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

It took me three tries before I started actually LOVING Anna and the French Kiss. I'm serious! The first few tries had left me not very interested. I did not like this book! But on the third try... I was HOOKED! I LOVED IT! 4.5 out of 5 stars!


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
4.5 out of 5 stars
Published! Yay!
Summary from Goodreads: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?


If you're thinking that this book seems cheesy, let me tell you, you are incredibly WRONG. While some events in this book don't exactly seem realistic, it is not cheesy. If anything, it's quite the opposite of cheesy.... which is non-cheesy? Anyways, if you're looking for a fantastic French romance novel with zero cheese, you have to pick up Anna and the French Kiss!

SOAP, the boarding school, is amazing! I want to have the grapes that explode flavor into your mouth! I want to have my own 70 square foot room! I want to make a wish at Point Zéro Des Routes De France! I want to go to the Eiffel Tower! I want to go to Paris and meet a ton of people and have fun at the theaters! I want to go to SOAP! Any feelings I had for Paris have been multiplied by at least infinity! Stephanie Perkins is great with describing a place, picking a perfect setting, writing about it and making you want to go there!

But the guy was even better! Etienne St. Clair is basically perfect! He's brilliant, gorgeous, cocky, British, smart and incredibly fun and British! And Anna should know. She literally ran into him, which started hooking me! Etienne is amazing! I need more of him! I flipped through the pages for him and his awesome dialogue! Besides, everyone should love good-looking British guys! Which girl can resist a British accent?

I love Anna's relationship with St. Clair. Even before she realized she loved him, she had this really cute relationship with St. Clair. They went everywhere together and had these really sweet and sometimes sad conversations! They were inseperable! I loved reading about when they were TOGETHER. It was so cute! Anna and Etienne are my favorite book couple ever!

I seriously loved how much Stephanie Perkins made us wait... because it led to the absolute best ending ever! It totally blew my mind and rocked my socks off! I loved it! It was explosive, satisfying and perfect! It had me smiling a really goofy smile for the whole day. I was just thinking, wow, I loved this ending and I need more of Etienne! So was the torture worth it?

Yes, it absolutely was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall: Whoever hasn't read this book yet should totally just GET IT SOMEHOW. As you can tell, everyone, including me, loves this book! It is so epic! I am dying to get Lola and the Boy Next Door, the sequel! Luckily it's out, so I don't have to wait at all!

Anna + Etienne FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Search This Blog