Saturday, September 24, 2011

Graffiti Moon, by Cath Crowley

I like to change. That's one thing I love. So I was kind of getting bored of all the paranormal stuff, you know, the vampires, fallen angels, and other stuff. So when I came upon this book, I knew I had to pounce!!!!!!!!
Well, kind of. Anyways, 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Graffiti Moon, by Cath Crowley
Release date:2/14/2012
Recieved from: Netgalley
3.5 out of 5 stars!
Goodreads Review:"Let me make it in time. Let me meet Shadow. The guy who paints in the dark. Paints birds trapped on brick walls and people lost in ghost forests. Paints guys with grass growing from their hearts and girls with buzzing lawn mowers."

It’s the end of Year 12. Lucy’s looking for Shadow, the graffiti artist everyone talks about.

His work is all over the city, but he is nowhere.

Ed, the last guy she wants to see at the moment, says he knows where to find him. He takes Lucy on an all-night search to places where Shadow’s thoughts about heartbreak and escape echo around the city walls.

But the one thing Lucy can’t see is the one thing that’s right before her eyes.


Look at this cover!!!! It really catches your eye, doesn't it? Look at it, can't you see the boy and girl in the helmet? Wow... this cover is amazing!!!!!!!! Absolutely amazing!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

This. Book. Is...
Different!
Interesting!
Unique!
And so on...

I really liked the characters in this book. Lucy was done really well! I loved how strong she was. She's really smart and smoldering and just all out really well developed! So. Awesome!
And Ed. Let's just say there's a lot about him... and he's hiding a huge secret that will either make or break Lucy's day. (You find out about it in the first chapter). Anyways, he was okay. Just okay. I mean, he isn't exactly your charming boy, but he is broken. Ish. I felt he could be more complex, but hey, you don't have to listen to me!

The thing about this book is the timing. This book, about 250 pages, is about one night. Yup. Just one night. I was really impressed by that. I mean, most books take longer. But this one didn't. I really didn't feel like I wanted to read only about one night, but Cath Crowley made it fun! I liked how it all happened in 250ish pages! It was nice!

The author brought in a lot of stuff that makes you think, like glassblowing, graffiti, and other stuff. I liked it! It was really, really contemporary and all together awesome! If all books had aspects like Graffiti Moon does, I would read all books! But, only a few books do, so you have to read this book!!!!!!!!!

Warning: There were a ton of swear words. I mean, literally at least one every page. I'm okay with a few, but this was a little overboard. Just so you know what to expect. Definitely do not read this if you're not okay with swear words! Also, this is for people 14 years and older. Just follow the age limit please!

So, if you like contemporary romance, READ THIS BOOK! It is so worth it!
:)

2 comments:

Annie said...

Very rare that I come across a book that I haven't heard of and want to read! This looks really good! Thanks for the review. Awesome blog by the way!

Valerie said...

Thanks!
:)

Search This Blog