Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ruby Red, by Kerstin Gier

I really, really needed a book to read, but I didn't really want to read any of the normal paranormal books. So when I finally saw this book, I knew I had to get it! And... it was fantastic!!!!!!! (I'm trying not to say awesome). I loved it! So... 4 out of 5 stars.
Cover:"Look at me, I'm so pretty!"
Ruby Red, by Kerstin Gier
Published May 10 2011
4 out of 5 stars
Summary from Goodreads:
Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!
Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.


Just a sidenote before I begin, this book was originally written in German. Then it was translated by someone else into English. But it's still awesome!! (Oops, I used the forbidden word!) Anyways, don't let that stop you from reading it.

This book is a brand new take on time travel, so you are introduced to a whole new world. Well, at least part of 18th century London. That was so cool!!! I really loved what happened when Gwyneth and Gideon journeyed to the past. It was so interesting!!!!!! So, so good!!!!!!!!!
When they journey to the past, let's just say some really captivating stuff occurs, in the form of action and other stuff that you have to read about!!!!

I loved Gideon. He's your snarky, charming boy. Not to mention that he has really awesome green eyes and curly brown hair. In other words, he's hot. But you didn't hear that from me. You can't help but like such a guy like him. So if you like Archer Cross from the Hex Hall series, you will definitely like Gideon!! And if you don't like Archer, well too bad, you'll still love Gideon! Yup, he's just that amazing!!!!!

As for Gwyneth, she's not exactly your average girl. Well, she can time-travel. Besides that, she's really pretty. By pretty I mean black hair and blue eyes. I've always wanted a protagonist who looked like that. And she came in the form of Gwyneth!!!!!!! You'll love her! And not just because of her looks...

The plot is okay. Just okay. I mean, I could predict some parts of the story, but not too many. I'm not sure if that's a good thing...  Anyways, when the surprises come, they are super surprising!!!!!!! You have to read and reread them just to make sure it actually happened!!!!!!!! The author leaves quite a few unanswered questions to be answered (hopefully) in the next book.

So......... read this book! It's really amazing! And if you are fluent in German, you can read the whole entire trilogy in German because they're all out now. If you need the English version, well, you have to wait till next year for the sequel Sapphire Blue to come out.

NOTE: I'm not responsible for any reactions related to this book, such as sudden shock, intense love for Ruby Red, swooning over Gideon, or anything else.





No comments:

Search This Blog