Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wake, by Lisa McMann

I am in love with a book. It's sooooo good. But doesn't that seem weird, to fall in love with a book????? Well, kind of. But not when you've read Wake, by Lisa McMann!!!!!!!! It's. So. Awesome!!!!!!!! 5 out of 5 stars!


Wake by Lisa McMann
Oh, it's out
5 out of 5 silvery stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Summary from Goodreads.com:For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can’t control.
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant.


So. Good. I loved this book!!!!!!!! These are the top 3 things I loved:
1. Plot
2. Cabel
3. The writing style

1. Plot
Wow... this plot was unbelievably amazing!!!!!!!! So. Unique. So. Awesome. So. Totally. Mindblowing!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it!!!! I mean, I've basically read every different variety there is to paranormal books. But not seeing dreams. So I have to say, this was such a nice refreshment! Wow... Lisa McMann was so creative in this book. So creative!!!!!!
Let's just say this book was surprising at the least. Throughout the book, my view kept on changing. I couldn't figure out what was going to happen next. And my guesses were never correct. Lisa McMann was always at least one step ahead of me. So awesome!!

2. Cabel
I liked Cabel. He was so sweet in this one. Well sometimes anyways. He wasn't exactly your bad boy, but he was definitely broken. Cabel=Broken good boy. :)
And I loved him for it!!!!!!!!! At first I thought something else about him, but trust me, by the end of this book, I totally loved him!!!!!
Swoon, swoon, swoon. I really, really loved him!!!!!!! And that's quite something coming from me. I mean it...

3. The Writing Style
Lisa McMann's style is not your average writer. She chose a distinct third person style, but then went from the present all the way back in time, then slowly made her way back to the present. I wasn't used to it, but by the end of the book, I was totally loving it!!!!!!!!! So, so unique. And that's definitely a good thing!!!!!
Usually different is a bad thing. But not in this case. I'm so glad Lisa McMann took this approach. It gives you a lot of backup information, so you get what's happening. Well, most of the time.

So... I love this book!!!!!!! It's totally worth reading!!! Love, love, love. It will blow you away!!!!!!!
... and you'll be in Antarctica holding this book and all the penguins will be staring at you. Haha. :)

No comments:

Search This Blog