Sunday, September 18, 2011

North of Beautiful, by Justina Chen Headley

Wow. I am in heaven. Why??????? Because I just finished an amazing book!!!!!! It was so bloody good!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazed. Mindblown. Crazed. And begging for more of this writer's work. Cause I'm lovin it!!!!!!!!!!! 4 out of 5 stars. So. Beautiful. And. Bloody. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
North of Beautiful, by Justina Chen Headley
It's out already
4 out of 5 stars
Review from Goodreads:As he continued to stare, I wanted to point to my cheek and remind him, But you were the one who wanted this, remember? You're the one who asked-and I repeat-Why not fix your face?
It's hard not to notice Terra Cooper.

She's tall, blond, and has an enviable body. But with one turn of her cheek, all people notice is her unmistakably "flawed" face. Terra secretly plans to leave her stifling small town in the Northwest and escape to an East Coast college, but gets pushed off-course by her controlling father. When an unexpected collision puts Terra directly in Jacob's path, the handsome but quirky Goth boy immediately challenges her assumptions about herself and her life, and she is forced in yet another direction. With her carefully laid plans disrupted, will Terra be able to find her true path?

Written in lively, artful prose, award-winning author Justina Chen Headley has woven together a powerful novel about a fractured family, falling in love, travel, and the meaning of true beauty.

This book is not meant to be reviewed. Just so you know that. Anything I say will ruin the book. So this review will be kinda short. Cause it's just that good!!!!!!!!!! Loved it!!!!!!!!

I loved the characters. All of them were so detailed and different. They were all so well written and real. I felt so mad at Terra's dad, so in love with Jacob, and so interested in Terra's story. If anything, they are my favorite characters ever!!!!!!!!!!!! But even that's not enough for how I really feel about them.

The plot???? Well it was so different. And good. I was so amazed by it. I mean, it's about a girl who's discovering herself through all of what happens, yet it's so much more. I loved how it was also about maps, flaws, and a lot of other stuff. You really have to read it to see what I mean.

It was well written. Really well written. I mean, it actually felt like I was reading an actual teen's story. Not just one written by someone else. But I felt like I knew Terra and what she was going through. Who doesn't love writing like that???????? So, so awesome. Absolutely loved, loved, loved it!!!!!!!!!!!

So..... what's not to love about this book????? If anything, it really changes how you think about beauty and ugliness. It challenges what beauty really is, and the world we are in now. My whole entire life was changed after I read it. Well, almost, anyways. You can't forget this book. It needs to be read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST READ THIS BOOK NOW!!!!!!!! I can't write anything else...
or else it will scare you away if it hasn't already. Haha.

No comments:

Search This Blog