Friday, March 16, 2012

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

There are countless reasons why I love this book. If I listed them all, the world would explode because of how OBSESSED I am. In other words, I will not list all of the reasons. Make your own! 5 out of 5 stars.


Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
5 out of 5 stars
Published in 2011
Summary from Goodreads: What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.

I'm obsessed with a guy. His name is Sam Henry, and I think know I am in love with him. Well, why wouldn't I be in love with him? He's so sweet and nice and HYSTERICALLY FUNNY! Honestly, I was kind of flipping through the pages just for HIM. He literally made me laugh like a maniac and gag on my laughs! I loved how he really cared for Jordan; he was so loyal to her and let her be, even though it ended up breaking his heart.
SAM HENRY, YOU ARE AMAZING! (If I were slightly more girly, I would ask him to marry me....)

Jordan is incredibly inspiring. While some people might just call her a rock, I call her inspiring and strong and true to herself. I like how she did not really change her thoughts just because she was worried about her image; she had confidence in herself. However, she was not bratty or obnoxious about it either! Nor was she perfect. What changed in the end was her understanding of things around her. Basically, I could totally RELATE to her because she was a NORMAL person other than the whole girl-playing-football aspect of it all...

I hated Ty. Well, I disliked him. I think the word that best describes him is controlling. Honestly, I hated how he wanted to control Jordan all the time and how he treated her like trash. He was annoying, bossy and totally self-centered. While I really do not want to go on a rant about him, I will say that he has ISSUES. He needs to cool it!

Let me just say that the plot is not exactly as clean-cut as you might think it is. The guy she chooses is not immediately evident; it takes some time before he, whoever he is, comes. I guess I can not say anymore, but I will say that he is kind of unexpected. (Cue creepy music)
As for the whole college aspect of it, I was TICKED. I could not believe how some colleges treated her! (However, the college she ended up thinking about is AWESOME!)

I will admit that I am not exactly your fan of football. However, with Catching Jordan, I felt as if that did not matter. I was not TOO confused with the football action going on; the author did something sneaky to make me clarified. So yay! I officially love this book!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Review! I loved this book too, but only the second time around. The first time I was kind of meh, then the second time I was kind of dying by the end of the Book! I love Miranda Kenneally.
(This is the difference between a epub copy and a paper copy. Lovely how it changes your view on books.)
:) :)


bookstoloveandread.blogspot.com

Valerie said...

I know what you mean...

Search This Blog