Thursday, February 9, 2012

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

I feel like I've waited forever to read Forever and an even longer forever to review it. (Bad pun....) Anyways, I thought it was a great conclusion to the series! 4 out of 5 stars.


Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
4 out of 5 stars
Published 1.11.11
The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3
Summary from Goodreads: The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stiefvater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.


I can't believe it. It's over. This series has been finished with, and it probably won't be thought of again.
WRONG! I will die if I can not reread it over and over again. Forever was beautiful, and I will remember it forever! (Of course you have to pardon my bad pun.... again.)

As usual, Forever was heartwrenchingly beautiful. As usual, I had to cry because of Maggie Stiefvater's more than amazing writing. She has this ability to transform words into much more powerful phrases; it made me feel melancholy! Anyone who has read Maggie Stiefvater's novels knows that the writing is breathtaking, addicting and, quite simply, just perfect. Of course, Forever kind of surpassed that as well.
This book makes me depressed. Of course, I mean it in a good way. I can't help but feel so sad when I read this book. And as mentioned, I actually cried out real tears.

So why did I take off a star? Well, I felt the plot was a bit underwhelming. I mean, there was action, but only after an excruciatingly slow beginning. While I love just reading about nothing when it comes to Maggie Stiefvater, I felt as if it was too much nothing! In other words, the beginning was super kind of slow. I'm sure that there was a reason for this, but whatever the reason, I hate that the beginning had to be so slow! There was a point where I didn't want to go on, but I did! I'm very glad I did though.

The ending to Forever was probably the most unclear one ever. It was just so arbitrary! However, why some readers hated that, I actually liked imagining my own happy ending! I think that was a great choice to make, to allow the reader to have some fun!

2 comments:

sarah said...

I haven't read any books from this series but I just finished reading The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater and I have to agree with you that she is an amazing writer.

Valerie said...

Totally true! The Scorpio Races is just as good as her others, probably even better!

Search This Blog