Friday, August 16, 2013

I have this thing for feminism

...as of two days ago. And you know what's so amazing? You don't have to be a girl to be a feminist. And a feminist isn't someone who just supports gender equality. A feminist is someone who supports equality in all forms: sexual orientation, gender, religion, age, race, and so on.

So I AM A FEMINIST. And I hope you are as well.

And it's crazy the notions we have about feminists today. But that's just because we live in a patriarchal society that naturally brings up children this way.

And I hate it.

You know when I say, "hey guys?" That can be unintentionally sexist. So now I'm trying to say "hey y'all" or "hey cats." I know that cats must be offended, but I'll be animalist over sexist any day.

And you know what's so weird? Girls have to be "softer" in debate and "polite", but guys don't get ANY OF THAT JUNK AT ALL. What is wrong with this society? The assumption that men must be this so-called masculine and girls must be feminine?

Where in the world is this word called GENDER? BTW, gender is in the heart. Sex is from the body. You are born a certain sex, but your gender is all up to you. And








So yes I am a feminist. And I don't think I'm a doormat. I don't think that I need to back down. FEMINISTS UNITE.

No comments:

Search This Blog