Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

In shock. Paralyzed. Mindblown. Crazed. Unbelieving. Awed. Surprised. Overwhelmed. Stunned. Overwhelmed. Flabbergasted. Astounded. Stupefied. Dumbfounded.
You can use whatever you want, but this book is just plain awesome!!!!!!!!! In other words, 5 out of 5 beautiful stars!!!!!!!


Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
It's out. It's out. It's out!
5 out of 5 stars!
Summary from Goodreads:Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


I don't know where to begin. So many things I want to say, yet I don't know how to put it. So many things I love, yet I can't prioritize. So many layers in this book, it makes me want them all. So many pages that I want to reread all at once.

Guess what? It's in a guy's POV!!!!!! It's in Ethan's! And that's just one more awesome thing to add to my bulging list! It's so cool how it's in a Mortal's POV. And it's even cooler cause it's in Ethan's! He is such a great protagonist. And such an awesome main character...

Of course there's Lena too! And no, I wasn't going to forget you...
Well, I wasn't planning to...
She is such a mindblowing girl! Stuborn, super, spellcasting... literally. And did I mention that she writes poetry? I just love what she writes! The pieces that Ethan mentions are so mysterious, so mystifying and altogether so cool! Absolutely love, love, love! Her or the poetry? How bout both?
I'm serious, she totally tops my list of female paranormals that could be amazing mortals.

The plot. Deserves to be ranted over. No, it's not bad...
It's the fact that it is so awesome! I mean it! You were solving more than two mysteries at once. There are about 5 main problems, and a million smaller ones! I absolutely love this wonderful storyline with countless twists and turns! I wish I could come up with such a plot! Need to rant even more!!! Let's just say once you start to get it, the authors just come up with another reason to make you doubt if you got it or not.
Not only that, it's a love story, paranormal epic, and just a totally awesome novel!!!!! With a plot! A great one! It's the best plot ever!

Not only that, it was such a gripping story, the way it's written. It made me sad, happy and... bipolar? Yes it did!!!! That's how great this book is. Just absolutely worth swooning over.

You must read this book! You must read this book! Now! It's a beautiful love story! Really! Just read this book! Please?
:(

No comments:

Search This Blog