Monday, October 10, 2011

Die for Me, by Amy Plum

There are books where you laugh and cry, but then there are books where you LAUGH and CRY. There are books where you fall in love with a guy, but then there are books where you FALL IN LOVE WITH A GUY. There are books where you are really liking the book, but then there are books you LOVE. This falls in the latter for all 3. 5 out of 5 stars!


Die for Me, by Amy Plum
5 out of 5 stars
It's out, so you know what that means...
Summary from Goodreads: In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

In this incandescent debut, newcomer Amy Plum has created a powerful paranormal mythology with immortal revenants. The Paris setting comes enchantingly alive as a relentless struggle between good and evil takes place in its streets. Rich with romance, atmosphere, and thrills, Die for Me will leave readers breathlessly awaiting its sequel.


Where do I begin? Well since I like him, let's say Vincent!!! I love him soooooo much!!! Swoon, swoon, swoon!!! He is so charming, good-looking, and all together the perfect crush! Love you, Vincent! Anyways, he has black hair, blue eyes, and darkish tannish skin. Doesn't he seem so awesome? Anyways, he really is very good to Kate. Total crush-worthy, which is why I added him to my list. Really, I don't to say any more...
Any crush I have is rare, so the guys are always pretty awesome...

Okay, I love this plot!!!!!!! I love how Amy Plum took something like zombies and made them so much more elegant. I mean revenants, doesn't that sound so nice? It seems so French, and who doesn't like anything French-sounding? It screams, "we are so sophisticated!" Not to mention it's totally unique... the revenants, not the French...
Anyways, lets just say there were a ton of twists. And turns. And spiraling loops. But even that's not enough to tell you. I was so surprised and so flabbergasted that I literally had to put the book down in order to start gasping and totally let it sink in. That is a sign of a great book!

The setting. Well, who doesn't love Paris? There's good food, good scenery... and good romance? Well at least in Kate's story. Anyways, now I want to visit Paris!!! The setting is amazing. You have water, the Eiffel Tower, and huge houses. There's so much detail and everything, with just makes me want to go to Paris even more! The Louvre, here I come!

And then there's this whole thing with Kate. She is an awesome heroine!!! She smart, and she actually thinks before she acts! That's the first time I've seen that in a protagonist! Not only that, but she's clever and totally awesome! Totally unique girl, in a good way!!!! Kate, can I be your friend? :)

I love Amy Plum's writing style!!! It had me flipping through the pages during the night, day and during school. Usually I don't read like crazy at school, but I had to with this book! It's written so well!!! I absolutely loved it! She has this fantastic style that had me begging for more!!!!!!!!! I hope she writes more books! I need to read more of her work! Now!

Then there's the ending. Wow... I love this ending! It seems like there are more books in this series, but this ending was so perfect! It literally had me sitting there with a silly smile on my face, but I didn't care! I am a sucker for nice endings! Absolutely best. Ending. Ever!!!! Love, love love!!!!!!

Oh, and the cover! It screams, "Buy me!" So that's what you have to do! Such a beautiful awesome cover! Such a dress! Look at the design. You absolutely MUST read this book. That is all I can say... or write. The rest is up to you.

No comments:

Search This Blog