Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fade, by Lisa McMann

Okay, people, I have a new favorite author. And by the title of this post, you can probably tell that it is the one, the only... (wait for it!) ...
Lisa McMann!!!!!!!!! Come up and claim your prize!! You can a choice from a praise, or a compliment. Take your pick!
Anyways, this is rated... 5 out of 5 stars!!!!

 
Fade, by Lisa McMann
5 out of 5 not fading stars
It's out! So celebrate!
Summary from Goodreads: SOME NIGHTMARES NEVER END.
 
For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.
 
Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.
 
Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability -- and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....
 

 
Okay... if you haven't read Wake, you should not be reading this review. Unless you're okay with it, and you might see some spoilers... but anyways, are you still reading? Yes? Okay, whatever.

 
I love, absolutely love the writing style!!! Lisa McMann has this clear, concise style that made me go like this: NO fair!! I want to write like that!!!!!
And... it's just so unique, the way it's written. So refreshing!! I totally, totally loved it!! So, so awesomely nice!!!!!!!!!! :)

 
I just adore the characters!!!!!!!! Janie has this incredible ability... which has changed her for the better... I hope. She is the main protagonist... and I love her story!!!!!! And her boyfriend... but that's another story...
Cabel is awesome!! He's broken, so what's not to love? And he's good, so he's okay with me. Actually, he's more than okay, but just pretend you don't know that. In this book, Cabel has some problems that he has to overcome, but once he does that, I was like, "Yay Cabel and Janie!! You guys are an amazing couple!!" Swoon, swoon, swoon!

 
Oh... this plot. Wow... I was surprised, at that's just the mildest word I can use. I was actually more
  • Mindblown
  • Blown
  • And Blown away...
... by the events!!!!!! I think this plot is awesome! I mean, what happens just starts to make you gasp! For real! I actually gasped out loud!!!! That's how great this plot is...

However, this book is for older readers. I mean, it's supposed to be. So please, judge carefully, and make a proper decision. It's a little, a lot, innappropriate so make a good decision! Nothing graphic though.

Anyways read this book!!!! Well, after you've read Wake. Then fall in love with the book, the trilogy and whatever else Lisa McMann related!!!

I'm waiting...

No comments:

Search This Blog