Friday, October 28, 2011

There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones

There's always a book that you manage to never forget. There's always a book that stays in your soul forever. There's always a book that you remember at the oddest times. There's always a book that you just think about and love. There You'll Find Me is one of those books. Which means... 5 out of 5 Irish stars!


There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones
5 out of 5 stars
Published 10.4.11
Summary from Goodreads: In a small cottage house in rural Ireland, Finley discovers she can no longer outrun the past.

When Finley travels to Ireland as a foreign exchange student, she hopes to create a new identity and get some answers from the God who took her brother away and seems to have left her high and dry.

But from the moment she boards the plane and sits by Beckett Rush, teen star of the hottest vampire flicks, nothing goes according to Finley's plan.

When she gets too close to Beckett, a classmate goes on a mission to make sure Finley packs her bags, departs Ireland-and leaves Beckett alone.

Finley feels the pressure all around. As things start to fall apart, she begins to rely on a not-so-healthy method of taking control of her life.

Finley tries to balance it all-disasters on the set of Beckett's new movie, the demands of school, and her growing romance with one actor who is not what he seems. Yet Finley is also not who she portrays to Beckett and her friends.

For the first time in her life, Finley must get honest with herself to get right with God.


What they didn't mention in this summary is how awesome Finley is. She's used to fame. She's not fazed by sitting next to a really good-looking celebrity, aka Beckett Rush. I love her snarkiness, her attitude, her Finleyness. I like how she tries to take control of her life and keep it constant. It might not always be the best trait, but I like it anyways. I like how hardworking she was and her aim to be perfect. I loved her. Sidenote: Maybe I liked Finley because she's kind of like me, but still, Finley is an awesome character that you have to bottle up and keep- forever!

And then there was Beckett. Oh, wow, I absolutely love Beckett! Swoon, swoon, swoon. He's good-looking, hot, and did I mention good-looking? Even so, I liked how he wasn't what people thought he was. He was actually a very nice, VERY CHARMING, very cool guy. He really liked Finley and definitely treated her well. He had some problems, but in the end he fixed them. I liked how he and Finley fixed them... together. Back to Beckett. I. Absolutely. Loved. Him. Need I say more?

I liked how the plot was centered around healing and finding Him. It was a pretty believable plot with a lot of Beckett. Which I ate up. Anyways, it was normal. There weren't too many surprises, but just the right amount. It was really about a girl's journey to find God, along with romance (squeal!), music, and a grouchy mean old lady who you learn to like. I really liked this plot. It was an accurate description about finding God and just, well, being Finley. But of course I wouldn't know... would I? You'll never know...

Oh, and did I mention the writing style? I absolutely loved it. It was so good! This style has you flipping through the pages from the beginning, staying up light for just another page and another, and squealing like a pig about just how awesome the book was. Yup, I doing it now. It just has you reading and reading and reading. I loved this awesome first-person style! Absolutely amazing. Just that much. Loved. It.

There's nothing else to say. I could rant about it, but you can already tell how much I love this book. I love it to pieces. Well anyways, just read this book, fall in love, and lust for Beckett. Well, you don't have to lust for him, but you know, it would be better if you did. He's just that awesome!

No comments:

Search This Blog