Friday, October 7, 2011

Gone, by Lisa McMann

I'm disappointed. No, I'm not. Instead, I am fuming. I am mad. I am furious, angry, worked up and just ready to say one word: why? Why, Lisa McMann, did you have to make the final book like this? I am speechless. And that's NOT a good thing. This book, I hate to say, deserves a 2.5 out of 5 stars.


Gone, by Lisa McMann
It's out.
2.5 out of 5 stars.
Summary from Goodreads: Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life — and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she’d ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out. . . .


I am so infuriated. First off, this book was underwhelming. And underwhelming=short. Short= a very mad Valerie. But there were no surprises!!!!!!!!!! Okay, fine, there were, but they weren't good. NO, not at all. I mean, if anything, they were cheesy. Very cheesy. I am going to put it in my sandwiches.

Then, Janie and Cabel. Cabel and Janie. I am mad at them. I mean, look at their relationship. If you dissect it, you can tell that something is wrong. That problem starts and ends in the third book. Such a terrible relationship. They're not meant to be. Still, that isn't as bad as the next thing.

Janie, what is wrong with you? I mean really, don't you know the right choice to make? It's obvious!!!!!! You were a really selfish person, and you still are, you know that???? And that choice was really dumb. Sure, you might have changed your mind, but still, you should have known better!! I am not happy with you. Grrrr... shows off some plastic fangs...

And whoa, I hate this ending. I didn't even know it was an ending. I had to flip to the next page and just scream because it was over. A very bad ending. Just disgusting. Ugh... I am not pleased. Just kill me already!!!!!!!

This book was also inappropriate. Like really, a Judy Blume Forever reference? Really? I hated how inappropriate it was. Absolutely grossed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't read this book. It's not worth the buy.
:(

No comments:

Search This Blog